The Clearfield County Historical Society is willing to try to help you with requests for information about families who resided in Clearfield County. The Society is staffed completely by volunteers. We have no full-time paid staff.
The Genealogy Committee asks for a donation of $25 to conduct a preliminary search for information about one family only. This donation would also entitle you to put a query in our newsletter - The Bulletin.
Please fill out the information for your query on plain paper and send to the Clearfield County Historical Society with your request.
A few guidelines to help a researcher assist you:
1. Always send a long, self-addressed, stamped envelope to ensure a reply.
2. lf known, give a full name of person about whom you are requesting information
3. lf known, give the date of birth, death, marriage, etc. (or approximated).
4. lf known, give the location (township or other) in Clearfield County where this family resided.
5. lf known, give any relevant names; for example, the surname of the spouse, children's names or
names of children's spouses.
Upon receipt of your donation and your request for research, the work will be assigned to a board Member serving on the Genealogy Committee who has experience with your type of inquiry. At this time, we would then search our Clearfield County records, family history folders, obituaries, etc., which are available at our library. The Genealogy Committee does not do Courthouse research. Our records are not available through inter-library loan.
Send your requests to:
Clearfield County Historical Society, % Genealogy Committee, 511 Van Valzah Ave., Clearfield, PA 16830.
Make checks payable to the ‘Clearfield County Historical Society’. Your check will not be cashed until the work has been mailed.
We look forward to helping you with your research.